3 Charged For Negligence After Short-Circuit Fire Below PM's Stage: Cops

The wiring of air-conditioning circuit got overheated and accidentally caught fire and security staff immediately doused the fire before any damage could be done, senior police official said.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
3 Charged For Negligence After Short-Circuit Fire Below PM's Stage: Cops

PM Modi continued his speech uninterrupted while the security personnel tackled the mishap


Aligarh: 

Three persons including an electricity contractor have been charged today for "negligence" after a short circuit caused a minor fire under the stage on which Prime Minister Narendra Modi was delivering his speech in Uttar Pradesh.

"The wiring of air-conditioning circuit got overheated and accidentally caught fire," senior superintendent of police Akash Kulhari said. 

He said the security staff immediately doused the fire before any damage could be done.

The prime minister continued his speech uninterrupted while the security personnel tackled the mishap without anyone knowing about it, he said, adding an enquiry has been ordered.



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................