Losing weight through exercising and eating a healthy diet may be effective. A balanced and low-calorie diet up your chances of getting a slimmer waist considerably. These foods either help boost metabolism or help ease the process of digestion; both of which are key to healthy weight loss. But to make your weight loss journey more effective, it is important to include natural stimulators that can speed up weight loss. One of the most efficient weight loss stimulators is green tea.
Green tea has emerged as one of the most popular health drinks lately. It is not just healthy, but is said to help you lose weight; thanks to the presence of numerous antioxidants and nutrients that provide plenty of health benefits. In fact, many studies have shown that green tea can increase fat burning, which can help you cut the extra flab. The high concentration of vitamins and minerals, in addition to the low calorie content, enhance your metabolism and improve your body's ability to burn energy. Pair your cupful of green tea with exercises and a balanced diet to ensure healthy weight loss. We tell you reasons as to why you should drink more green tea to lose weight.
What Makes Green Tea A Health Drink?
Green tea leaves do not undergo oxidation process that is generally used to make black tea and are therefore, considered to be healthier than others. Green tea comes packed with antioxidants that help combat cell damaging free-radicals in the body and boost the immunity system. Antioxidants like vitamin E, vitamin C and beta-carotene that protect the body and keep it away from any health hazard. It also has an active ingredient known as catechins that help in boosting metabolism and help in losing weight.
Green Tea For Weight Loss
Here's why you should drink green tea for weight loss
- The caffeine present in green tea acts as a stimulant that has been shown to aid fat burning and improve exercise performance in various studies.
- The massive range of antioxidants known as catechins helps burn fat and boost metabolism that is key to lose weight.
- Green tea comes packed with less calories; so you can easily include green tea along with your evening snacks.
- Green tea helps elevate metabolic rate, increase fat oxidation and even improve insulin activity.
- It also contains an active ingredient known as theanine. It is a type of amino acid that helps in reducing stress by providing calming and relaxing effect on brain without sedation. This helps in losing weight easily.
According to Dr. Rupali Datta, green tea is a health drink full of antioxidants. You can consume it anytime you want to. It is imperative to understand that only drinking green tea wouldn't help lose weight, but some amount of exercise and a healthy diet along with cups of green tea should be taken into consideration.
What is the best time to have green tea?
Most nutritionists suggest having green tea right after breakfast and lunch, when your metabolism rate is the highest. Green tea will ensure a faster metabolism, further helping the food to digest better.