- Sugar impacts your metabolic health. Avoid it.
- A combination of honey, lemon and water also works wonders
- You must eat protein in every meal to lose weight
1. Avoid high glycemic index foods: The moment you load up on high glycemic index foods, your blood sugar levels spike up suddenly. This excess sugar would eventually get stored as fat, and result in a bigger belly.
2. Give up refined sugar: Sugar impacts your metabolic health. It can lead to increased accumulation of fat in your belly. Excess refined sugar can challenge your digestive system and slow down your metabolism. It may lead to greater fat accumulation around your waist, so it is best to avoid if you want to lose few inches around your belly.
3. Drink lots of herbal water: Herbal water such as jeera water or ajwain water can help in kick-starting your metabolism. It is good to drink them early morning on an empty stomach. A combination of honey, lemon and water also works wonders.
4. Eat more fiber rich foods: High fiber foods such as oats, whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables delay your digestion and because the output of sugar is not in big quantum, these is not converted into fat.
5. Have protein in each meal: Most health experts suggest that you must eat protein in every meal to lose weight and also maintain it. Protein takes longest to digest which keeps you full and satisfied and avoids unnecessary binging.
7. Load up on probiotics: A regular intake of probiotics helps in shifting the balance towards beneficial gut flora and reduces the risk of fat accumulation in your abdominal cavity.
8. Switch to green tea: Green tea is great for blasting belly fat. It contains antioxidants like catechins that increase the release of fat from fat cells in the belly and also speed up the liver's fat burning ability.
Tweaking your diet and keeping these tips in mind, can not only help you lose weight but also maintain it in the long run.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.