Click here for Tamil Nadu 12th result as it was declared.
+2 பொதுத்தேர்வில் 91.1% தேர்ச்சிப்ளஸ் 2 பொதுத்தேர்வில் மாணவிகள் 94.1%, மாணவர்கள் 87.7% தேர்ச்சி #Plus2Result— K.A Sengottaiyan (@KASengottaiyan) May 16, 2018
Tamil Nadu Plus 2 Result 2018: Highlights
- A total of 907620 candidates had registered for the exam (including private candidates).
- The overall pass percentage is 1 per cent lower than it was in 2017 and 0.3% lower than the year before.
- 798614 students had appeared for the exam in the General stream
- 0.03% students have secured above 1180 and majority have scored in 701-800 mark range.
- Highest pass percentage is seen for Home Science subject (99.78). A total of 3651 students had appeared for the exam. History has the least pass percentage of 89.19.
- A total of 1907 schools have scored 100 pass percentage.
- '+ 2 student scores will be taken seriously against private schools that advertise,' said the Minister.
- Overall pass percentage in Science stream is 94.29; it is 87.45 and 79.65 for Commerce and Art stream, respectively. For vocational stream the pass percentage is 80.18.
- None of the Arts and vocational stream students have scored more than 1180.
Only 15 Arts students have scored more than 1101, while it is more than 10,000 for Science and Commerce stream.
- Majority of Science students have secured 901-1000 marks.
- State capital Chennai has recorded pass percentage of 93.09.
- Subject-wise, more number of students (96.4 percent)cleared Physics, followed by Chemistry, Biology and Maths.
- As many as 2,110 differently-abled students of the 2,602 who appeared for the exams came out in flying colours.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.