Teacher's Day 2018: 5 Famous People Who Credit Teachers For Their Success
Bill Gates, Sachin Tendulkar, Oprah Winfrey and many others have time nad again credited their teachers for their success in life.
It's that time of the year again when students across the country honor their teachers. Teachers put in their honest efforts into shaping the minds of a young child, provide guidance and often the required push to propel a child toward their calling. It is no wonder that many a successful personalities around the world never fall short of words when crediting their teachers for their success.
Here we bring to you five famous personalities from different fields who are often seen crediting their teachers for the success they have achieved in life.
1. Sachin Tendulkar: Sachin Tendulkar and Ramakant Achrekar are perhaps the most known student-teacher duo of Indian cricket. Ramakant Achrekar trained young cricketers at Shivaji Park, Dadar, Mumbai and Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli happen to be his most notable students.
2. Maya Angelou: Maya Angelou is not only a known name for the book readers but also is an integral part of many English curricula across the world. Maya Angelou credited her teacher Mrs. Flowers who inculcated in her the love for poetry. Mrs. Flower would take Maya Angelou to the library and encourage her to read all the books. She then asked Maya Angelou to come to her house and read aloud to her thus deepening her love for poetry.
3. Hillary Swank: Academy Award Winner Hillary Swank always credits her Elementary teacher Mr. Sellereit who cast her in the school production of The Jungle Book and helped her find her calling.
4. Oprah Winfrey: Oprah Winfrey has always been vocal about her teacher Mrs. Duncan who cultivated in her a love for learning. Oprah has said that it was in her classroom that she no longer felt afraid to be smart.
5. Bill Gates: Who does not know Bill Gates. Bill Gates happens to be one of the most famous dropouts of Harvard who found Microsoft. He always acknowledges that he would not be where he is if it not were for his Maths and Drama teacher in school.
Click here for more Education News