According to topuniversities.com which is hosting the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2018, five indicators are used to assess universities in the graduate employability ranking: employer reputation, alumni outcomes, employer partnerships, employer-student connections and graduate employment rate.
Of these, Stanford achieved a perfect score in three: employer reputation, alumni outcomes and partnerships with employers.
According to topuniversities.com, 600 universities were considered for inclusion in this year's ranking, twice as many as last year, with the top 495 published.
In the QS World University Rankings 2018, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Harvard University, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, UCL (University College London), Imperial College London, University of Chicago and ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology are placed in top 10 positions.
See this year's Top 25 QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2018 results scroll down:
1. Stanford University, United States
2. University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), United States
3. Harvard University, United States
4. The University of Sydney, Australia
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States
6. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
7. The University of Melbourne, Australia
8. University of Oxford, United Kingdom
9. University of California, Berkeley (UCB), United States
10. Tsinghua University, China
11. New York University (NYU), United States
12. Columbia University, United States
13. Princeton University, United States
14. The University of Tokyo, Japan
15. University of Toronto, Canada
16. ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
17. UCL (University College London), United Kingdom
18. Cornell University, United States*
19. Yale University, United States
20. The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
21. University of Chicago, United States
22. University of Pennsylvania, United States
23. Peking University, China
24. University of Waterloo, Canada
25. University of Michigan, United States
*(Both Cornell University and Yale University are placed in 18th place in the rankings. Numbers in this list are serial numbers)
Among the top 25 universities in QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2018, United States is represented by 13 universities while United Kingdom has 3 representatives.
QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2018: Where does India Stand
University of Delhi and University of Mumbai have left two top IITs behind to grab a spot in the top 500 universities in the QS Graduate Employability Ranking. Though the two universities tail behind three other IITs, namely IIT Bombay (IITB), IIT Delhi (IITD), and IIT Madras (IITM), they are ahead of IIT Kharagpur (IIT KGP), IISc Bangalore, and IIT Kanpur (IITK). Curiously in overall rankings, University of Delhi and University of Mumbai rank behind IIT KGP, IISc, and IITK.
The top 10 spots in the rankings are majorly dominated by US Universities, with Stanford University at the first spot in the ranking. 25 more universities appear in the top 100. Apart from US, universities from UK< China and Australia also feature in the top 10.
Delhi University Ahead Of IIT Kharagpur In QS Graduate Employability Ranking
Times Higher Education Awards 2017 Shortlist Revealed; Award Ceremony On November 30
Indian Universities Fall Behind In Global Rankings
World University Rankings 2018: IIT Delhi, IISc Bangalore Slip In Times Higher Education Rankings
Click here for more Education News