This is where employability after a degree comes into play. Some students prefer to study a degree which allows them to pursue their interest, some students want to take a prudent decision and take up a degree which is favored by employers when recruiting.
Top 5 Disciplines Employers recruit from
According to the QS Global Employer Survey 2016, the top five disciplines which are a favorite with employers are:
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- Business and Management Studies
- Accountancy and Finance
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Economics and Econometrics
And according to the same survey the bottom five disciplines are:
- Classics and Ancient History
- Theology, Divinity and Religious Studies
However, students pursuing a degree in the bottom five need not worry as the survey results are largely dependent on the kind of employers responding. Also, most of these degrees are specific to only a few areas of employment and hence the lower rank on the survey.
Click here for more Education News