The ministry has also suggested some events which could be organized to commemorate the memory of the great "Unifier" that was Sardar Patel. These events include:
- Unity Runs - in cities, towns and rural areas by students with the message of unified Bharat.
- Inter-Department competitions within every institution in the area of unity.
- Dramas, Songs and Plays on the theme of unity with an award for most creative theme.
- Historical essays on the character and contribution of Sardar Patel with prizes.
- Essay writing and elocution on "Relevance & lmportance of Sardar Patel in today's India".
- Competition of designing T-shirts and caps on the theme of unification
- Competition for writing /composing/singing original songs on the unity theme.
- Mobilization and felicitation of freedom fighters in the region by students -recording of their stories/recollections of Sardar Patel and Views on current issues of unity
Ministry has said that the organization of these events should be accorded top priority. In case of Unity Runs, the local Doordarshan should be informed about the same for coverage. Universities have also been asked to click and email photographs of the events to email@example.com.
Click here for more Education News