We have discussed with Rupali Saini, a Biology teacher about the mark scoring areas in the subject and she suggested a proper revision time table for class 12 students.
'Read NCERT book properly do not refer any new book in the last moment. Go through previous year question papers (5 to 10 years) solve them and track some important topics being asked many times in the papers,' she says.
Here are some preparation tips shared Ms Saini:
- About diagrams, which were a total miss in last year's question paper, Ms Saini emphasizes on drawing neat diagrams. A question might have a huge theoretical answer but this can be reduced to a simple explanatory answer by drawing the necessary diagrams (case in point - DNA structure, Molecular biology, reproductive system etc.).
- Giving details on the most difficult areas, she advises students to revise Genetics and Biotechnology thoroughly, as they are a little bit difficult for students. Chapters like Reproduction, Ecology and Human Welfare carry 14 marks each, therefore should not miss a even a minor detail; moreover these chapters carry tricky questions.
- Students should be extra careful with one word answers: the questions are usually tough and a single word can either fetch you the full mark or you can lose one mark; there's no in between.
- Students should answer as per the weightage of the question. 'Do not extend your answer too much in 1 markers and 2 markers questions. While answering 3 markers and 5 markers make sure to incorporate diagram if needed and write theory in points.'
- The last 15 minutes of the exam must be utilized for revision. 'Open question paper along with answer sheet and check each and every answer and put tick mark on question paper to have clear idea that nothing is missed out.'
The CBSE Board exams will begin from 5 March 2018, after Holi festival. While class 10 board exams will continue till 4 April, for class 12 students the exam will continue till 12 April 2018.
Click here for more Education News
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.