Capital Shame: Girls Aged Two And Five Raped in Delhi

Police have released CCTV footage of the two men on a bike who abducted a two-and-a-half-year-old girl but the bike is yet to be traced.

New Delhi: Just a week after the horrific rape and torture of a four-year-old girl in Delhi, two more cases of young girls being raped have been reported from the capital. Both the girls have suffered severe injuries and are recovering in hospital.

In the first case, a two-and-a-half-year-old girl was raped allegedly by two men who abducted her on a motorbike from outside her house in west Delhi's Nangloi area on Friday. Neighbours later found her lying unconscious and bleeding profusely at a nearby park.

The girl's mother has claimed that her daughter was kidnapped while she was watching a 'ramlila' performance near her house. "My girl was watching 'ramlila' when there was a power cut. That is when they kidnapped her," she said.

The girl has suffered severe damage to her private parts and has bite marks on her body, said Swati Maliwal, the chairperson of Delhi Commission for Women who visited her today.

"Woke up to two incidents of gangrape of a two-year-old year old and five-year-old. Bleeding not stopping for the two-and-a-falf year-old year old. On the way to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital (sic)," she had posted on Twitter this morning.

No arrests have been made in the case so far. The police have released video footage from a security camera near the girl's house that shows two men with a child on a bike. The bike is yet to be traced.

The same day, a five-year-old was raped allegedly by three men in east Delhi's Anand Vihar area. The girl was reportedly alone at home when one of the accused, her neighbour, took her to his house and then allegedly raped her along with his friends.

"Her clothes were partially torn with blood stains all over them. Some locals saw her and she told them she was sexually assaulted," an officer from Anand Vihar police station told news agency AFP.

Tests later confirmed she had been subjected to multiple assaults, he said. All three accused have been arrested.