New Delhi: Delhi Transport Minister Gopal Rai and Power Minister Satyendra Jain held a press conference on pollution in Delhi.
Here are the highlights of the press conference:
- Questions were raised that the transport system wasn't strong enough. We've been holding meetings to decide this: Gopal Rai.
- 4,000 contract buses will be ferried, says Gopal Rai.
- 2,000 CNG school buses will run as public transport. So 6,000 buses were present and an additional 6,000 buses will run: Gopal Rai.
- These extra buses will be paid in the Cluster Bus model, says Gopal Rai.
- In the 2,000 school buses, 50 per cent seats will be reserved for women: Gopal Rai.
- Auto rickshaws will be doubled. One auto can be run by two drivers in two shifts: Gopal Rai.
- We'll be launching the Poochho app tomorrow. People can book an auto with this App and it will be available for download on December 25: Gopal Rai.
- We are talking to railways to increase frequency of the Circular Suburban Rail, says Gopal Rai.
- All bus lanes in Delhi will be marked. By December 25 or maximum by January 1 potholes and other repairs will be done on roads: Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain.
- Pollution checking of construction sites will be enforced. Penalties on trash burning will be enforced strictly: Satyendra Jain.
- Heavy penalty on obstructing buses in bus lane, says Satyendra Jain.
- Rs 5,000 fine on burning trash and leaves. Citizens can complain through Swacch Delhi App: Delhi government.
- We want to appeal to people those who have illegitimate PUC certificates, to get legit ones: Delhi government.