- The Mumbai police have said an anonymous phone call alerted them to the fact that Ms Bora had been killed allegedly by Indrani Mukerjea, co-founder of media group INX and the wife of TV tycoon Peter Mukerjea.
- That phone call was allegedly made from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh. Sources say the caller was part of a complicated matrix of business dealings involving the Mukerjeas.
- The Mukerjeas exited the INX two years after the founded it amid whirling allegations and talks of the syphoning off of large amounts of money.
- The police have acknowledged that one of the motives it is examining is whether Ms Bora was killed for reported links to the Mukerjeas' financial dealings.
- Till she was arrested, Ms Mukerjea had claimed that Ms Bora was her sister and that she had moved to the US to study and work in 2012.
- Ms Bora was romantically involved with Rahul Mukerjea, Mr Mukerjea's son from a previous marriage, when she disappeared. Her mother strongly disapproved of relationship, Mr Mukerjea had told NDTV.
- Rahul Mukerjea was interrogated by Mumbai police chief Rakesh Maria today. He was reportedly asked about his attempts to file a missing person's complaint after Ms Bora disappeared.
- A birth certificate accessed by the media today shows Ms Bora's grandfather as her biological father. The police believe it was forged in 2002 -- the year Peter and Indrani got married.
- It is still not clear who is the father of Ms Bora and her younger brother Mikhael, who were raised by their maternal grandparents in Guwahati. Ms Bora moved to Mumbai to study and live with the Mukerjeas.
- Mikhael Bora told reporters today that he had photos and phone conversations that offer vital information about the relationship of his sister with Peter and Indrani Mukerjea.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.