New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed religious leaders, MPs, envoys and scholars in Delhi on the occasion of Buddha Purnima.
Here are five points PM Modi made on Buddha
- If we want freedom from war, we have to follow the path of the Buddha
- Nepal, the country where Lord Buddha was born, is going through a massive crisis. It is difficult to imagine how long and arduous this journey will be. I pray to Lord Buddha to give the people of Nepal strength.
- It is evident that the Buddha's life and message are relevant even in today's world. He renounced power and wealth to seek salvation 2,500 years ago. Imagine the courage and conviction to leave everything, money, power and work towards public good.
- Everyone knows that 21st century is Asia's century. But without Buddha's teachings, the century would not have been ours.
- The solution to the problems that people are facing across the world lies in the Buddha's teachings.