Narendra Modi addresses rally in Ambikapur, Chhattisgarh
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was in election-bound Chhattisgarh today and the stage that he shared with his host Chief Minister Raman Singh was a model of Delhi's Red Fort (Read
). Here are the highlights of his speech:
- I have come to Sarguja many times and even in Ambikapur but today's turnout has been truly overwhelming.
- I have been associated with Chhattisgarh since beginning.
- I am fortunate that I have been able to travel 6,000 kilometres to come and salute Chief Minister Raman Singh.
- Look at the way the Congress government created Telangana. There is bloodshed everywhere.
- Whenever I think of Chhattisgarh, it reminds of me of Vajpayeeji's decision.
- When Chhattisgarh was formed, Madhya Pradesh was also distributing sweets. When Telangana was formed, curfew was imposed.
- This is the Congress ka 'karya shehli'.
- Raman Singh never depended on New Delhi for Chhattisgarh's development.
- Chief Minister Raman Singh kept fighting with Delhi, he didn't sit back.
- Congress can turn gold into sand
- There is a Singh in Delhi (referring to Dr Manmohan Singh) and there is a Singh in Chhattisgarh too. Manmohan Singh is also a doctor and Raman Singh is also a doctor. The Singh in Delhi has destroyed the rupee.
- Manmohan Singh is the doctor of the Rupee and Raman Singh is the doctor of the people out here.
- Dr Manmohan Singh may be the rupee's doctor but that rupee today is fighting for its life.
- The Congress government is full of pride. They do not reply to the people of this country.
- The people of this country are dying with price rise
- The Planning Commission comes up with figures that a family can live a day at a certain amount.
- The government in Delhi is not even aware how much the poor needs to spend a day
- They are not even aware as to how the poor of this country are living on what grounds.
- The Delhi government is inhuman.
- You can't even get two cups of tea in Rs 32, forget a meal.
- Some people are shielded from even heat and dust, unaware of the living condition of the poor
- They think poverty is a state of mind
- They haven't apologized for their insensitive remarks.
- Even the Supreme Court of India has negative things to say about the Congress government.
- Raman Singh's initiative of giving food to the poor was praised by the Supreme Court.
- The Supreme Court had backed the Chhattisgarh programme and asked the government to learn from the Chhattisgarh model.
- Power is not a tool for political game. The BJP governments serve people selflessly.
- I am sure the people of Chhattisgarh will back Raman Singh and elect him for another term.
- We want to give opportunity to India's youth.