Pakistan's interior minister Rehman Malik, in an exclusive interview to NDTV, has clarified that his statements have been misunderstood and that he never compared the demolition of the Babri Masjid to the 9/11 attacks or the Mumbai attacks.Here are the highlights of his interview:
- I never compared the demolition of the Babri Masjid to 9/11 or the Mumbai attacks.
- I want people of India to know my statements have been misunderstood.
- When I mentioned Babri Masjid I was talking of inter faith harmony in our region.
- I accept and have often spoken of killings of Shias in Pakistan in same context.
- On Captain Saurabh Kalia, India has never put his torture on bilateral agenda.
- Yesterday was first time India raised Kalia case officially.
- On Kalia I only said circumstances of his death are disputed, I am asking for more information.
- I feel the pain of Captain Kalia's father; I will definitely look into the matter.
- We arrested Hafiz Saeed; our courts released him. We have to respect our judiciary.
- I am ready to arrest Hafiz Saeed tomorrow but need evidence that stands in court.
- We can also ask for Colonel Purohit for Samjhauta, but don't want to be negative.