Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan speaks to NDTV about the current crisis in his country.
Following are the highlights of his interview:
- They want Constitution Avenue vacated. We're not on that road, so court order doesn't apply to us
- We want people who are responsible for electoral malpractices to be punished
- After last night, Nawaz Sharif has lost all moral authority. The Additional Secretary of Election Commission of Pakistan came out with revelations of rigging
- All we want is an investigation, the government can stay but Nawaz Sharif can't be PM because under him investigation can't be independent
- After last night's revelations, everyone in Pakistan knows what actually happened
- Our movement has been on for 14 months - we produced a 2100-page white paper showing evidence of rigging but nothing happened
- For the sake of Pakistan's democracy, we must take a stand. Democracy isn't in elections, but it is in free and fair elections
- Normally, in any democracy (after last night's revelations) the Supreme Court would have stepped in and called for fresh elections
- Nawaz Sharif should step down as PM, they should have another member from their party as PM and an investigation is held...