- The most important advice while dealing with electronics, in-flight and on ground, is to use original batteries and chargers. Over the years, cheap / counterfeit chargers / batteries have been found to be the root cause behind most fires / explosions, though the Galaxy Note 7-related incidents were obviously an exception.
- While most headphones do not come with batteries, if your headphones do, follow the same precautions as with any other electronics.
- Whenever possible, do not check-in battery-powered devices, and carry them in your cabin baggage. In the cabin, airline flight crews can better monitor conditions, and have access to the batteries or device if a fire does occur.
- Spare batteries and power banks should be carried in the cabin baggage, and shouldn't be checked-in.
- If you're travelling with spare batteries in addition to the ones inside your devices, TSA advises you to "consider placing each battery in its own protective case, plastic bag, or package, or place tape across the battery's contacts to isolate terminals".
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.