Who Ebola
-
{
- All
- News
- Videos
-
Congo's Ebola Outbreak Could Become Deadliest Ever, Warns WHO
- Thursday August 13, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
The ongoing Ebola outbreak in Congo is on track to surpass the deadliest one in history, which erupted over a decade ago and killed over 11,000 people, the head of the World Health Organization has said.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
WHO Sets 3-Month Goal To Bring Congo Ebola Outbreak Under Control
- Thursday August 13, 2026
- Health | AFP
The World Health Organization said Wednesday it hopes to reverse the spread of Ebola in the Congo within three months, but warned the deadly outbreak would likely present challenges.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Ebola Outbreak In Congo Started Months Before Alert: WHO
- Tuesday August 11, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
WHO says Congo's Ebola outbreak began months before its May declaration, highlighting delayed detection, rapid spread, and mounting challenges for healthcare workers.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Ebola Outbreak: WHO Chief Calls For Stronger Response In Congo
- Thursday August 6, 2026
- Health | AFP
The head of the World Health Organization on Wednesday urged authorities to step up the Ebola response and better protect frontline health workers, during a visit to Congo.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Ebola Response Under Pressure As WHO Chief Visits Congo Amid Strike
- Wednesday August 5, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
The head of the World Health Organization arrived in Congo was in Congo on Wednesday as aid workers said the world's fastest-growing Ebola outbreak is spreading at an "alarming" rate and some health workers are striking over lack of pay.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
WHO Seeks Urgent Global Support To Contain Ebola Outbreak
- Wednesday August 5, 2026
- Health | AFP
The World Health Organization has asked for more support across to board to combat the Ebola outbreak raging in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Canada Defies UN Advice, Bans Visitors From Congo Amid Ebola Outbreak
- Monday July 20, 2026
- World News | Reuters
The ban contravenes advice from the World Health Organization, which advises against travel or trade restrictions with Congo, where officials are currently struggling to contain a large outbreak of Ebola.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Ebola Outbreak In Eastern Congo Outpaces Contact Tracing Efforts
- Wednesday July 15, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
Eighty percent of new Ebola cases in eastern Congo are emerging from unknown chains of transmission, the World Health Organization has said.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Ebola Outbreak Alert: Nations Strengthen Travel Restrictions
- Tuesday July 14, 2026
- Health | Reported by Reuters
The World Health Organization has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and said there was a high risk it could spread to neighbouring countries.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Africa CDC, WHO Launch Unified Platform To Support Ebola Response
- Monday June 29, 2026
- Health | Indo Asian Service News
The Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Ugandan government have officially launched the Joint Continental Incident Management Support Team (IMST).
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
WHO Announces $518-Million Plan To Fight Ebola Outbreak In Africa
- Friday June 5, 2026
- World News | Reuters
So far there have been 381 confirmed cases in Congo and 62 confirmed deaths, according to Africa CDC. Uganda has recorded 19 cases and two deaths.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
The Rare Ebola Outbreak Is One Danger, Attacks On Healthcare Workers Are Another
- Tuesday May 26, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
Aid workers are at risk in the volatile region where residents have long been under threat of armed groups that have killed thousands of people and displaced many more in recent years.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Congo Curtails Funeral Wakes In Ebola Outbreak As WHO Upgrades Risk Assessment
- Saturday May 23, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
The World Health Organization said that the outbreak now poses a "very high" risk for Congo — up from a previous categorization of "high" — but that the risk of the disease spreading globally remains low.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
WHO Africa Head Says Underestimating Ebola Spread Risk Can Be "Big Mistake"
- Friday May 22, 2026
- World News | Reuters
WHO regional director for Africa Mohamed Yakub Janabi said just one case of Ebola could spread the virus beyond the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Ebola Outbreak In Congo Is 'Spreading Rapidly' And Upgrades Risk Assessment: WHO Chief
- Friday May 22, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
The WHO chief noted that 82 cases have been confirmed in the Democratic Republic of Congo, with seven confirmed deaths, "but we know the epidemic in DRC is much larger."
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Congo's Ebola Outbreak Could Become Deadliest Ever, Warns WHO
- Thursday August 13, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
The ongoing Ebola outbreak in Congo is on track to surpass the deadliest one in history, which erupted over a decade ago and killed over 11,000 people, the head of the World Health Organization has said.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
WHO Sets 3-Month Goal To Bring Congo Ebola Outbreak Under Control
- Thursday August 13, 2026
- Health | AFP
The World Health Organization said Wednesday it hopes to reverse the spread of Ebola in the Congo within three months, but warned the deadly outbreak would likely present challenges.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Ebola Outbreak In Congo Started Months Before Alert: WHO
- Tuesday August 11, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
WHO says Congo's Ebola outbreak began months before its May declaration, highlighting delayed detection, rapid spread, and mounting challenges for healthcare workers.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Ebola Outbreak: WHO Chief Calls For Stronger Response In Congo
- Thursday August 6, 2026
- Health | AFP
The head of the World Health Organization on Wednesday urged authorities to step up the Ebola response and better protect frontline health workers, during a visit to Congo.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Ebola Response Under Pressure As WHO Chief Visits Congo Amid Strike
- Wednesday August 5, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
The head of the World Health Organization arrived in Congo was in Congo on Wednesday as aid workers said the world's fastest-growing Ebola outbreak is spreading at an "alarming" rate and some health workers are striking over lack of pay.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
WHO Seeks Urgent Global Support To Contain Ebola Outbreak
- Wednesday August 5, 2026
- Health | AFP
The World Health Organization has asked for more support across to board to combat the Ebola outbreak raging in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Canada Defies UN Advice, Bans Visitors From Congo Amid Ebola Outbreak
- Monday July 20, 2026
- World News | Reuters
The ban contravenes advice from the World Health Organization, which advises against travel or trade restrictions with Congo, where officials are currently struggling to contain a large outbreak of Ebola.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Ebola Outbreak In Eastern Congo Outpaces Contact Tracing Efforts
- Wednesday July 15, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
Eighty percent of new Ebola cases in eastern Congo are emerging from unknown chains of transmission, the World Health Organization has said.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Ebola Outbreak Alert: Nations Strengthen Travel Restrictions
- Tuesday July 14, 2026
- Health | Reported by Reuters
The World Health Organization has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and said there was a high risk it could spread to neighbouring countries.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Africa CDC, WHO Launch Unified Platform To Support Ebola Response
- Monday June 29, 2026
- Health | Indo Asian Service News
The Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Ugandan government have officially launched the Joint Continental Incident Management Support Team (IMST).
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
WHO Announces $518-Million Plan To Fight Ebola Outbreak In Africa
- Friday June 5, 2026
- World News | Reuters
So far there have been 381 confirmed cases in Congo and 62 confirmed deaths, according to Africa CDC. Uganda has recorded 19 cases and two deaths.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
The Rare Ebola Outbreak Is One Danger, Attacks On Healthcare Workers Are Another
- Tuesday May 26, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
Aid workers are at risk in the volatile region where residents have long been under threat of armed groups that have killed thousands of people and displaced many more in recent years.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
Congo Curtails Funeral Wakes In Ebola Outbreak As WHO Upgrades Risk Assessment
- Saturday May 23, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
The World Health Organization said that the outbreak now poses a "very high" risk for Congo — up from a previous categorization of "high" — but that the risk of the disease spreading globally remains low.
-
www.ndtv.com/health
-
WHO Africa Head Says Underestimating Ebola Spread Risk Can Be "Big Mistake"
- Friday May 22, 2026
- World News | Reuters
WHO regional director for Africa Mohamed Yakub Janabi said just one case of Ebola could spread the virus beyond the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Ebola Outbreak In Congo Is 'Spreading Rapidly' And Upgrades Risk Assessment: WHO Chief
- Friday May 22, 2026
- Health | Associated Press
The WHO chief noted that 82 cases have been confirmed in the Democratic Republic of Congo, with seven confirmed deaths, "but we know the epidemic in DRC is much larger."
-
www.ndtv.com/health