Video: Man Bites iPhone Battery. It Explodes Inches From His Face

Thankfully, nobody was reported hurt

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Video: Man Bites iPhone Battery. It Explodes Inches From His Face

The battery exploded in a crowded store in China.


It may work to check the authenticity of gold, but biting down on an iPhone battery backfired very dangerously for one man in China. According to Channel News Asia, a man in Taipei, Taiwan, looking to replace his iPhone battery, received a shock when he went to a store and bit into a new battery - possibly to check whether it was genuine or not. CCTV footage from the store shows the battery exploding and going up in flames as soon as the man removes it from his mouth.

Fortunately, even though the blast took place just inches away from the customer's face and in a crowded store, nobody was reported injured in the incident which took place on Friday. The name of the store where this happened has not been revealed in reports.

CCTV footage of the explosion was uploaded to Miaopai, a Chinese video sharing platform, on January 20, reports Taiwan News. It went viral after that. According to Channel News Asia, it has been viewed over 4.4 million times.

Watch the shocking video below:


Only a few days ago, a man was reported injured in Zurich, Switzerland, after his iPhone battery overheated and exploded.



 
Click for more trending news




Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................