It was a young boy "obsessed" with martial arts, CGTN reported.
Surveillance footage has revealed that the fire was a result of negligence by a boy who was trying out Kung Fu moves inside what appeared to be a parking complex. CCTV video shows the boy, unsupervised by an adult, lighting up a candle kept on an e-bike. Trying to recreate Kung Fu moves seen on screen, he thrusts his hands towards the candle, presumably to put it out with his palms.
After a few attempts, the Kung Fu enthusiast loses interest and leaves the area without putting out the burning candle.
The bike catches fire and the flames quickly grow bigger, soon spreading across the entire complex.
The boy's parents may now have to shell out $15,000 to compensate for the damage done, the police said. No person was reported injured in the incident.
Watch the video here:
Click for more trending news
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.