Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai on Monday assured action against the perpetrators of the stone-throwing incident that took place at Old Hubbali Police Station on Sunday, and said that an investigation into the matter is underway.
Speaking to reporters in Bengaluru, Mr Bommai said, "We have arrested all accused, and further investigation is on. Action will be taken against the perpetrators after the investigation."
The Hubbali Police Commissioner has said that 88 persons, including an AIMIM corporator's husband, have been arrested in the matter so far.
Section 144, which was imposed soon after the incident, continues to remain in place in the Hubbali city.
Earlier on Sunday, state Minister CN Ashwathnarayan said that the strongest possible action should be taken against those involved in the stone-throwing incident.
Speaking to news agency ANI, Mr Ashwathnarayan said, "The strongest possible action should be taken to send the right message to the people who time and again do not respect the law of the land. We condemned the incident. The people have been arrested."
"Action should be taken against the people who take law into their own hands and attack the civilians or police. It is intolerable," he said.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)