- At 597 feet or 182 metres, the Statue of Unity is the world's tallest statue.
- It is 177 feet higher than China's Spring Temple Buddha, which was the tallest statue till now.
- It is twice as tall as the Statue of Liberty in New York.
- The Statue of Unity was built at an estimated cost of Rs 2,989 crore.
- It was designed by Padma Bhushan-winning sculptor Ram V Sutar and built by construction firm Larsen and Toubro and the state-run Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd (SSNNL).
- It is situated 3.32 kilometers from the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat.
- Iron was collected from all over the country for the statue of Sardar Patel.
- The viewing gallery, at a height of 193 metres, can accommodate 200 visitors at a time.
- A museum dedicated to Sardar Patel, at the base of the structure, will have 40,000 documents, 2,000 pictures and a research centre dedicated to Sardar Patel.
- The panels of the Statue of Unity were cast in a foundry in China.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.