Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a massive rally in Nashik, Maharashtra, on the concluding day of the Maha Jan Aadesh Yatra. The outreach programme was launched by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis last month. With a stalemate on seat-sharing talks between the Shiv Sena and the BJP the tone of the Prime Minister's speech will set the tone of the campaign in Maharashtra which has elections scheduled next month.
Here are the highlights from PM Narendra Modi's Nashik Rally Speech:
- I seek blessings from people of Maharashtra... and I feel privileged to be here.
- People have come to attend this rally to bless chief minister Devendra Fadnavis-led Maharashtra government... they have made up their mind.
- In April, when the Lok Sabha elections were held, it was very hot. At that time I was in Dindori for a rally, seeking your blessings. There was a huge crowd there, it created such a vibration that in the entire country BJP's wave became even more powerful.
- It is important to help people recall the fact that because of political instability of previous governments in the state, Maharashtra did not progress at the high pace it should have.
- I want to congratulate the Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis-led government for the work... they did a lot in the last 5 years for the state. Farmers of the state have benefited in last 5 years and women got better employment opportunities. The state government has given a direction to development.
- There is promise, performance as well as delivery in first 100 days.
- Work to supply water to every household has started. When I came to you during Lok Sabha elections, I had told you that the pace of development will be increased, it'll be done within a time frame and I'll come to you time to time with answers. We just completed the first 100 days and the first century is before you.
- Devendra Fadnavis gave a stable government in Maharashtra despite the BJP not having a "full majority".
- When Devendra Fadnavis was speaking, people were shouting slogans that "Kashmir is ours.". Now we want to make Kashmir in India. Now, Indians will say they want to make a new Kashmr. Have to make heaven there once again... have to embrace every Kashmiri.
- Kashmir lost out on a lot of good that could come its way from Delhi... but that hurdle has gone... they will benefit directly from Delhi now... it will benefit millions of people and give them a promising and better future.
- We are on the path of providing a house to every poor of the country. We have already built 2 crore houses. We have provided 8 crore free Ujjwala Gas connections. We are also working towards making India free from single-use plastic by 2022.
- Maharashtra has given birth to the great Veer Savarkar. He taught us to face every difficulty with a smile in the path of freedom and progress.
- Implementation of India's constitution in totality in Jammu-Kashmir wasn't the decision of a government alone, it's the disclosure of sentiments of 130 crore Indians. This decision is to bring out people of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh from violence, terrorism, separatism, corruption.
- I am seeing that in the last few days, there are some people who have come out and started speaking all sorts of rubbish... I want to tell these motor mouths to have some respect for the legal system and the courts. I urge you and request you with folded hands not to make such immature and unnecessary statements. The matter (Ram Temple issue) is in the topmost court of country. Have faith and let them carry out the process as they deem best.