New Delhi: Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar have resigned as Railway and Law Minister respectively. While Mr Bansal was embroiled in a bribery scam, Mr Kumar is in the dock for having allegedly vetted the CBI's probe report on the coal scam.
Here are some of the political reactions on Mr Bansal's resignation:
- Sushma Swaraj, Senior Leader, BJP: If they had accepted our demand for their resignations earlier, the Parliament Session could go on
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Vice President, BJP: After so much of effort, they have resigned... It is better to lock the scam house instead of locking the parliament session
- Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister, Bihar: Resignation of both ministers was too late
- Rajiv Shukla, MoS, Parliamentary Affairs: If Bansal gets a clean chit, he can always come back
- Sanjay Jha, Congress leader: Pawan Bansal has resigned but he has not been implicated, chargesheeted
- Dinesh Trivedi, Trinamool Congress leader and former Railway Minister: We have treated Railway Ministry as a bargaining chip...You need to change the system, it is rotten... I am glad Bansal has gone but that is no guarantee that tomorrow this will not happen