Today, Congress president Rahul Gandhi met family members of the farmers killed in police firing during an agitation in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh on the first anniversary of the incident and addressed a farmers' rally.
Here are the live updates of the ongoing Farmers' Protest:
- I want to assure you, within ten days of the Congress government coming into power in Madhya Pradesh, we will implement loan waiver. I guarantee that
- If we cannot protect the farmers of India, there is no point of having a government
- Over 1200 farmers in Madhya Pradeshhave committed suicide. Did any of the rich commit suicide?
- They say oh you're name is Vijay Mallya or Nirav Modi...here take more money. You know what they call him...Mehul Bhai, Nirav Bhai. PM Modi gave them 30,000 crore rupees
- PM Narendra Modi has betrayed the poor. He lied to them. But the biggest fraud was with the youth of the country. He had promised employment for 2 crore youths.
- Is there even one person in this crowd who can day that PM gave them employment.
- The Chinese army gets into Doklam, still Narendra Modi doesn't utter a word
- This is the Hindustan of Shivraj and Narendra Modi where everything is made in china
- It is my dream that 5 years from now when we come here, we look at our phones it says 'Made in Mandsaur'. Shivraj and Modi cannot do this work but Kamal Nath and Scindia can
- We will never lie to you because we respect you. We won't talk about our Mann ki baat but yours
- No matter what happens, I guarantee a loan waiver within ten days of the Congress coming to power in Madhya Pradesh
- We want to change your lives. Today you sell your produce in mandi, the government gets 15 per cent of your profit. We will install food processing units in every district and you can directly sell your produce. You will get the reward of your hard work
- We will provide employment to the sons and daughters of Madhya Pradesh in the food processing units
- Within ten years, Beijing will be consuming the garlic of Mandsaur if we come to power
- People say that I fight for the rights of the farmers. I have been to the office of PM Modi only once that too to talk about farmers' issue.
- He (Modi) is educated..but its RSS education. Its filled with hatred
They also blocked the Bhopal-Vidisha road, disrupting traffic for at least three hours on the busy stretch.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi will address the Kisan Samriddhi Sankalp Rally in Mandsaur to mark the first anniversary of the brutal crackdown on farmers by the BJP Govt in Madhya Pradesh. pic.twitter.com/IWUHAhLX88- Congress (@INCIndia) June 6, 2018