Here are the main highlights from Rahul Gandhi's speech:
- Punjab, the land of 5 rivers, used to support the entire nation.
- The state which not only used to fill the country's stomachs, but also fund the country's economy to a great extent.
- It was raining here yesterday. But Punjab's Badals don't rain down on its people.
- Despite Badals, the people of this state don't get water. They are deprived.
- Today, Punjab has a massive drug problem.
- Business and industry is shrinking - be it textile or manufacturing, industries are leaving the state.
- When you look around, only one family has a monopoly.
- Other states are progressing rapidly, but Punjab stands where it has been for decades. No improvement at all.
- If the Congress is voted to power, we will ensure strict action is taken against those involved in the drug racket. The Congress will show you all how we will defeat drugs.
- We will ensure farmers are benefitted. We will ensure the poor get their due.
- Punjab will get back the money it has lost over these years.
- The people of Punjab are being looted everyday. It is happening in one way or another. The Congress will ensure that this money returns to the people.
- Ask you brothers and sisters in Delhi, ask the Punjabis in Delhi if AAP has delivered anything.
- All they do is make false promises. Nothing is being done in Delhi. Ask the people of Delhi and they will tell you what the Congress did when we were in Delhi. We delivered. Delhi was progressing under Congress.
- Amarinder Singh has given his blood and sweat for Punjab.
- He has worked day and night for the betterment of Punjab.
- He has always worked for Punjabis, for Sardars. He is going to be our chief minister.
- Punjab has 'seva' in their tradition and culture.
- Guru Nanak ji spoke of seva and tera. Guru Nanak ji had said sab ka sab tera.
- The Badals have converted that to sab ka sab mera.
- Modi ji says he is fighting corruption. He says he has done demonetisation.
- He says he will punish the corrupt. If that be the case, then please tell me how is he joining hands with the Badals? How can someone who says he's fighting the corrupt stand together with the Badals?
- People come here and say we'll solve Punjab's problems in 2 days, we'll find solutions in weeks and months.
- Tell me how that is possible? Do not believe them.
- Punjab's problems will have to be solved with a lot of hard work by Amarinder Singh, by me, by us all. We all have to give our blood and sweat.
- Congress will deliver, not just make false promises of quick solutions.
- I told you all that Amarinder Singh will be the chief minister of Punjab. But it is not just about him. He will not be the only one working for you all. With him you will have thousands of Congress partymen and workers working for a brighter tomorrow for you all.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.