The odd choice of the name, the BJP says, marks the ineptitude of the state's previous Congress government. The foundation stone of the project was laid by Sonia Gandhi in September 2013, three months before the government led by Ashok Gehlot was shunted out. But nothing has been done since, says the BJP.
In his address to the gathering, PM Modi said it has fallen upon the BJP to ensure that the Rs 43,129 crore project is up and running. Congratulating the Vasundhara Raje government, PM Modi said, "Vasundhara has got the best deal out of Central government... They have got a project going that the Congress had allowed to languish".
The claim has met with vociferous protests from Mr Gehlot. His party has alleged that after coming to power in December 2013, the Vasundhara Raje government deliberately delayed the project.
The deal was inked in April last year. In August, Mr Gehlot had written to PM Modi, saying the delay has escalated the cost of the project.
Under the new agreement with the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited or HPCL, which will run the refinery, Rajasthan will own 26 per cent stake in the joint venture. The rest, 74 per cent, will belong to the state-owned oil major.
At the time of signing the deal, Ms Raje said the fresh agreement has led to a significant saving of Rs 40,000 crore. Also, the state would receive 12 per cent return on its investment instead of earlier 2 per cent mentioned in the agreement hammered out by the Ashok Gehlot government.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections. Election results will be out on May 23.