Guru Gobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2021: The 'Prakash Purab' of Guru Gobind Singh is being celebrated today. The auspicious time of Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti or Saptami Tithi began at 10:58 AM on January 19 and ended at 1:14 PM today. Guru Gobind Singh's teachings and guidance have inspired people across generations. He was assassinated in 1708, when he was 41. On Guru Gobind Singh's Jayanti, Sikh families do a lot of work for charity. People distribute food to the poor and the downtrodden. Guru Gobind Singh, the founder of the Khalsa Panth, is the 10th Sikh Guru. Guru Gobind Singh finalized and enshrined the Guru Granth Sahib as Sikhism's primary holy scripture. Devotees today offered prayers at the Golden Temple in Amritsar on the occasion of Parkash Purab of Guru Gobind Singh. Many took a dip in the holy Sarovar. Thousands of devotees visited the Patna Sahib gurudwara in Bihar, the birthplace of Guru Gobind Singh and Delhi's Gurudwara Bangla Sahib.
On Guru Gobind Singh's birthday, his devotees offer prayers and seek his blessings. Large processions or 'Nagar Kirtans' are organized in the morning and people sing devotional songs and share food with the poor.
Happy Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti 2021: Wishes, Messages, Images, SMS, Status For WhatsApp, Facebook
Guru Gobind Singh's 5 inspirational quotes
- "God is one, but he has innumerable forms"
- "He is the creator of all and He himself takes the human form"
- "The greatest comforts and lasting peace are obtained, when one eradicates selfishness from within"
- "Egotism is such a terrible disease, in the love of duality, they do their deeds"
- "All human beings have the same eyes, the same ears, the same body composed of earth, air, fire and water"
Happy Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti!