Prime Minister Narendra Modi today thanked Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan for "understanding the sentiments of India", ahead of the inauguration of the Kartarpur Corridor, which will allow Sikh pilgrims to travel to Darbar Sahib in Pakistan.PM Modi inaugurate the Corridor 3 days before the 50th anniversary of the founder of Sikhism, Guru Nanak Dev. PM Modi inaugurates a passenger terminal building, also known as Integrated Check Post, where pilgrims will get clearance to travel through the newly-built corridor. Before the inauguration ceremony, the Prime Minister offered prayer at Ber Sahib Gurudwara at Sultanpur Lodhi. Among the first group of 550 pilgrims who visited Kartarpur are former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi Speech at Kartarpur Corridor Inauguration:
- PM Modi speaking at the inauguration of the Integrated Check Post of Kartarpur Corridor
- PM Modi thanks Pakistan Prime Minister for his corporation
- PM Modi says Kartarpur Corridor will serve 1000 devotees daily
- Kartarpur Corridor's integrated checkpost ahead of Guru Nanak Dev's 550th birth anniversary has brought us immense happiness, PM Modi
- The opening of Kartarpur Corridor before the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Devi Ji has brought us immense happiness.
- PM Modi says I thank Punjab Government, Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee for making this happen, also thank PM Imran Khan for cooperation