Congress' Ajay Maken responds to Narendra Modi's attack on his party in Raipur on September 7.
Here are the highlights:
- When Planning Commission released figures defining poverty, Modi said such figures are a mockery of poor
- Gujarat released figures that those in villages with income of Rs. 10.80 a day is not poor, want to ask Modi - what is this?
- In Right to Food Act, we've left decision on deciding the poverty level on state governments
- Narendra Modi and his government should apologise for the poverty figures released by Gujarat.
- Not defending Rs. 32 criteria. After the food security act, it's neither 32 nor 11. Responsibility lies with state governments