Charlie Chaplin, the creative legend of silent film era, made his audience laugh and cry... cry from laughter. With his silent yet expressive acting, he was a powerful storyteller and brought the screen alive with his presence. Charlie Chaplin also wrote, directed and produced more than 80 movies in a career that spanned decades and included masterpieces like The Kid, The Gold Rush and Modern Times. On Charlie Chaplin's 130th birth anniversary today, here's remembering the creative hero with some his most memorable quotes:
- I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying. - Charlie Chaplin
- In the end, everything is a gag. - Charlie Chaplin
- The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. - Charlie Chaplin
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles. - Charlie Chaplin
- Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. - Charlie Chaplin
- You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down - Charlie Chaplin
- Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. - Charlie Chaplin
- I remain just one thing, and one thing only -- and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician. - Charlie Chaplin
- A day without laughter is a day wasted. - Charlie Chaplin
- We think too much and feel too little. - Charlie Chaplin
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.