Bizarre Ritual To 'Save' Electrocuted Man In UP On Camera

Joga Singh, a farmer, was walking on his fields when the electric wire fell on him. He was, however, not taken to hospital and instead partially buried in sand

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS

Villagers in Pilibhit sit around the body of a farmer with his face, feet and hands exposed


Lucknow: 

A video of a bizarre ritual to 'save' a man who was electrocuted by a high-tension wire has emerged from Uttar Pradesh's Pilibhit.

Joga Singh, a farmer, was walking on his fields when the electric wire fell on him. The 58-year-old received burns and needed critical treatment, according to reports. He was, however, not taken to hospital and instead partially buried in sand.

On a video shot by an eyewitness, people are seen sitting around a mound of soil where the farmer is buried - only his face, feet and hands are left exposed to the elements.

The farmer's family and other villagers dug the pit to perform a "desi ilaaj" or homegrown remedy, according to reports.

c97aa2co

Joga Singh, a farmer in Uttar Pradesh's Pilibhit, died after a high-tension wire fell on him

On the video, the people are seen rubbing the farmer's hands and feet. They did it for at least two hours, reports said.

Villagers using unscientific and sometimes outright bizarre but well intention methods to cure people of disease or pain are not uncommon in rural areas across the country.



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................