Beas River Tragedy: More Divers to Join Search Operation, Says Telangana Home Minister

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Beas River Tragedy: More Divers to Join Search Operation, Says Telangana Home Minister

The search operation for the missing students is still going on

Mandi:  The search operation to trace the 17 persons still missing following the tragedy in the Beas river involving a group of engineering students from Hyderabad resumed on its fifth day today with more personnel set to join the efforts.

"Fifteen more divers from Hyderabad will join the operation later in the day," said Telangana Home Minister Nayani Narasimha Reddy, who has been camping in Mandi following
the mishap on Sunday evening.

About 60 students and faculty members of the VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology of Hyderabad were on an excursion to Manali when 25 members of the group
were swept away in the river following the sudden release of water from the reservoir of the Larji hydropower project near Thalot.

The bodies of T Upender of Khammam district and G Arvind Kumar of Hyderabad were recovered yesterday, taking to eight the number of bodies recovered so far.

More than 550 rescue workers from various agencies are searching for the missing persons with the search parties focusing their efforts on the 20-km stretch from Thalot to Pandoh river.



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................