- Now the discussion on Lokpal Bill will take place on Monday
- People of this country were watching how Samajwadi Party leaders were disrupting the House
- We will continue our agitation till Lokpal Bill is passed
- I will be fine, have endured a lot more than this
- On AAP leader Gopal Rai: I don't want to blame anyone, just explained him where he went wrong
- I started alone, people gradually joined in
- There were some AAP leaders who said that Anna's movement become big because of them, but country knows it all
- Not everybody is bad in politics, but I told them not to share the stage with me
- I will be in touch with some good politicians who are honest
- I have suffered a lot of humiliation, can still endure a lot for my movement
- I am confident that the Lokpal Bill will be passed this time
- The Lokpal bill has been thoroughly discussed over 2-4 years
- The amendment has got wide support
- This will create a truly honest and independent Lokpal
Anna asked Gopal Rai to leave the venue of his indefinite hunger strike after the latter had a spat with former Army Chief General VK Singh.
- Highest priority of the Government is to pass the Lokpal bill
- Once it is passed in Rajya Sabha, it will go to Lok Sabha
- According to parliamentary decisions, if anyone is against it, the party has to vote against it
Anna Hazare asks Gopal Rai to leave village after Rai raised objections to VK Singh charging Arvind Kejriwal of benefiting politically from Anna's movement and then deserting him.
Government concedes to one point of select committee recommendation. Investigating officers will not be changed without Lokpal permission: Sources
Bill will be taken up at 2:30 pm
as it will serve no purpose," says Samajwadi Party's Ram Gopal Yadav on Lokpal bill.
- Government has given 13 amendments
- BJP is always in favor of a strong and effective Lokpal
- Actually there is no role of the Government in these amendments
- Want strong, independent, effective Lokpal. Govt must bring revised Bill immediately, with unanimous amendments, will pass it
- Lokpal bill was first introduced in 1967
- There have been several discussions and debates in the past 46 years
- We want to make this proposal that let the government pass these unanimous recommendations
- Government has agreed to all but does not agree with two crucial amendment
- For example, the Committee says during an ongoing investigation, an investigation officer can be transferred only after Lokpal clears it. Government says no, we will have the power to transfer.
- Second example: report says a delinquent officer can be raided without any notice. Government says no, first a show cause notice should be given
- We won't allow the government to subvert the report
- Annaji congratulated us for our 28 seats, Anna said if there are re-polls we will get a total majority
- On our behalf, Gopal Rai will stay with Annaji for the fast
- Told Annaji this is the same Lokpal which we used to call the Joke-pal
- We won't accept this, will oppose it
Not too many people at fast venue. Among those present, many are school students.
- Anna is stable
- Vital parameters are normal
- Heart, pulse is normal
- He has lost 1600 gms
- Urine output is ok
- BP is normal
- Energy level is low
Lokpal bill has to be taken up in Rajya Sabha, then it will come to Lok Sabha, says Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
Arvind Kejriwal had announced publicly that he would visit his one-time mentor Anna Hazare in his village in Maharashtra today.
- Lokpal bill was inactive for last one year.
- As the fast begun, government again started saying they will bring.
- When I enquired, Lokpal bill is not even on the Rajya Sabha agenda.
- I found out that the government is not interested in bringing the bill.
- Why are they misleading people? I demand Lokpal bill to be included in agenda.
- We have two appeals: first to put the bill on the agenda; Secondly, opposition should also force the government to do so.
- They said Lokpal bill is on our priority. How can it be their priority when it is not in their agenda?
- We want a strong bill. You should forward this bill at the time when the bill can pass.
- This is not the age for Anna to sit on fast; his hands are already trembling.
- This country needs Lokpal bill.
- This is for the next generation; Anna is 75 years old.
- Every common man is with Anna.
- Everybody has to answer their own conscience.
Activist Anna Hazare began an indefinite fast today in his village in Maharashtra, demanding the urgent introduction of a new anti-corruption law. In Delhi, the government said that it is committed to pushing through the legislation - the Lokpall Bill - in this session of Parliament which ends on December 20.
- Demand that every government office should display a board which says how many days the work is done
- Every state should have Lokayukta
- Strict action against officers or offices indulging in corruption
- I was assured by the Prime Minister through the then minister Vilasrao Deshmukh that the resolution has been passed. I believed in him and broke my fast. I was deceived.
- If the government can pass food security bill, land acquisition bill, pension bill then why not Lokpal?
- Congress loss in four states is because people are angry and they have vent their anger. Congress should learn from its mistakes.
- If they don't then three months later they will give a befitting reply in the Lok Sabha polls.
- BJP equally responsible with Congress. Both parties to be blamed....they both can't give future to the country.
- Country needs a third alternative apart from Congress and the BJP... not a political party.
- Asked God to give the government "subuddhi" to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill.
I have given notice to Rajya Sabha Chairman to take up the Lokpal Bill. This Bill is on Government's top priority.
Government to pass Lokpal Bill during current session of Parliament: Union Minister V Narayanasamy
Anna Hazare has begun what he today called a "do or die agitation" in Ralegan Sidhi, his village in Maharashtra, to demand that Parliament urgently clear the anti-corruption Lokpal Bill.
- Let Anna start his fast.
- Lokpal bill has been passed in Lok Sabha and has come to Rajya Sabha.
- He needs to wait for sometime.
- This will be do-or-die agitation. People should agitate across the country.
- There are no doors or gates for stopping anyone to come here (on whether Arvind Kejriwal will join him)
- I have received nearly 15 letters from the Prime Minister and the PMO assuring me of bringing the bill.
- Until and unless people will not unite nothing will change
- Sonia Gandhi has also said that they will pass the Lokpal bill
- It is the time to ask for the Lokpal
- No trust on repeated assurances (on Jan Lokpal), it's a movement.
- Till the time Lok pal is not passed my strike will not go.
- I just want to say it is not my demand but the demand of the people.
Anna Hazare on Monday accused the Centre of "betrayal" and going back on its promise on Jan Lokpal Bill and said he will sit on an indefinite hunger strike in Ralegan Sidhi from Tuesday for passage of the anti-graft law in Parliament.