New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare entered the third day of his fast-unto-death against corruption today, even as a large number of people from various walks of life continued to extend support to the crusader for a stronger anti-corruption law.
Addressing the crowds gathered, the 72-year-old said, "I am a little weak, but fine otherwise." He said public support for his campaign had strengthened him. "I think nothing will happen to me for another 7 days, don't worry God is with me and I will be fine," the soldier of many such battles said. (Watch: Jaan, dil both belong to India says Hazare)
He also said:
- My dil and jaan (heart and life) both belong to my country
- I have been fighting for so many years now. Politicians have even given supari (Contracts) to kill me
- At 12 places politicians in Maharashtra have filed cases against me, lawyers are fighting for me for just Re 1
- My motto in life is to be honest, to walk the path of being fair. And God will be with me
- Some say Anna is with BJP, what shall I do with the BJP, Shiv Sena or the Congress?
- Which party is completely clean so far?
- I am a little sad about one thing..... yesterday Uma Bharti came here, and some people chased her off ... I apologise to her
- Anyone can come and sit here but not on dias
- People will have to protest and fast for clean administration
- Dil diya hai jaan bhi denge watan ke liye
- I am fighting 12 cases, no bank balance, don't know my brothers' kids
- Politicians have ruined the nation
- Worked for Dalit welfare and rid them of debt, this was Gandhiji's dream
- Have to give speed to development and remove hurdles in this ...That is the work I am doing in 85 villages
- Parties should not give ticket to people who do not work for village development
- Have set up a 25-crore trust; but I have no personal bank balance
- Do you think you will keep looting the people's money and people will keep quiet? People will have to protest and fast for clean administration
- People go on hunger strike when all other roads are shut and injustice happens
- A Congress spokesperson said hunger strike is the wrong path. He couldn't even have been born when Gandhi went on Satyagraha. It is the only option at times, like Gandhiji said.
Enter your comment on India Against Corruptionhereor upload your video commenthere.