World's Largest City School Is In India; Know 7 Things
India is a land of wonders. Well, we do have one of the seven wonders of the world. But apart from that India also has many other surprises in its kitty if you know where to look. For example, did you know that India is home to world's largest school? Indeed, it's true. The City Montessori School in Lucknow is the largest school in the world. It was entered in Guinness Book of World Records in 2013 as the Largest City School with over 45,000 students.
Here are some interesting facts about City Montessori.
1. The school was started in 1959 by Jagdish Gandhi and his wife Bharti, They began the school with a loan of Rs. 300.
2. The school began with only 5 pupils and eventually grew into the world's largest city school.
3. In 2010, the school had a record enrolment of 39,437 students for the academic year 2010-11.
4. The school has as many as 18 campuses.
5. Since March 2016, the school has been affiliated with Cambridge International Examination Board at its Gomatinagar campus (II). The school is also one of the centres in the country for AP exam and SAT exam.
6. Alumni of City Montessori regularly feature in the successful candidates list for various competitive exams such as UPSC Civil Services, JEE, NTS, CLAT etc. Alumni from this school have also been offered a place at many top International Universities in the past.
7. In 2002, the school also won the UNESCO Prize for Peace Education.
Click here for more Education News