In this article we will break down the important points about the application process for an International candidate to Oxford.
Application Date and Process
The application process for all under graduate courses begins one year before the commencement of class which means that the application process for the class of October 2018 will begin in September 2017. The university conducts the application process only once a year. The application form, UCAS, will be available in the first week of September and must be submitted by October 15.
For Indian students, the basic eligibility requirement for admission to an undergraduate program at Oxford University is a 10+2 qualification from CBSE or ISC with minimum 90% marks in each of the five subjects opted.
In case a candidate wishes to apply for Science subjects, they may also require a JEE Advanced score as a pre-condition for entry.
Read Here: Why Studying Abroad Is A Good Idea?
English Language Requirement
The students form India applying at Oxford University should have taken an English Language proficiency Test to prove their fluency of the language. The tests are compulsory, since all the classes at oxford are conducted in English.
Some of these tests and their corresponding requirements are given below:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall score of 7.0 with at least 7.0 in each of the four components.
- TOEFL (paper-based): Overall score of 600 with a Test of Written English score of 5.5
- TOEFL (internet-based): Overall score of 110 with component scores of at least 22 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 25 in Speaking, and 24 in Writing.
- Cambridge English: Advanced, also known as the Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Grade A if taken before January 2015, or a score of at least 185.
- Cambridge English: Proficiency, also known as the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): grade B if taken before January 2015, or a score of at least 185.
Read Here: What Are English Language Tests When Applying To Study Abroad?
Click here for more Education News