Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) has secured top position in India and moved up to rank 9 in the prestigious QS University Rankings BRICS, which was declared last week.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore is placed in 22nd rank while IIM Ahmedabad secured the next (23rd) position. IIM Calcutta's PGM is ranked 46.
IIM Calcutta is the only Indian member of CEMS alliance of leading global business schools and multinational corporations which was placed in the 8th ranking for its CEMS Master's in International Management programme.
In the 'Global MBA' course only IIM Ahmedabad (49) could secure a position in the top 50, while IIM Bangalore and Indian School of Business were in top 100 at 58th and 93th positions.
Regionally however - composed of Asia, Australia, and New Zealand - the three colleges were ranked among top 20 at seventh, ninth, and 12th positions.
IIM Calcutta - not in the top 100 - also found place at 18, regionally for Global MBA course.
One of five French schools in the top 20 for management, HEC Paris ranked ahead of London Business School and ESADE in second and third respectively.
"29 different countries are represented in this inaugural ranking, excluding the various global locations of CEMS which is ranked eighth in the world. The United Kingdom is the most-represented country with 24 schools, closely followed by 21 from the United States," said the QS rankings.
In these rankings, universities and schools were assessed by measuring five different metrics, with slight differences in weighting between each ranking. Those metrics are: Employability, Alumni Outcomes, Value for Money, Thought Leadership and Class & Faculty Diversity.
Union Human Resources Development minister Prakash Javadekar congratulated the Indian institutions for their achievement.
QS Ranking 2018: Top 10 Masters in Management Programmes
1. HEC Paris's Strategic Management Programme (France)
2. London Business School's Management Programme (United Kingdom)
4. ESSEC's Strategy & Management of International Business Programme (France)
5. Imperial College London's Management Programme (United Kingdom)
6. IE Business School's Management Programme (Spain)
7. London School of Economics's Management & Strategy Programme (United Kingdom)
8. CEMS's International Management Programme
9. University of Copenhagen's International Management Programme (Denmark)
10. University of St. Gallen's Business Management Programme (Switzerland)
(With Inputs from IANS)
Click here for more Education News
For the latest News & Live Updates on Election Results from each assembly constituency in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates.