Also Read: TIFR GS 2018 Admission Begins
"Part-time programmes (diploma and certificate courses) will have 240 seats open," according to the statement, signed by the Registrar.
JNUEE 2018-19: Important Points For Candidates
- Online application submission process for JNU admission has begun today (15 September 2017) at 10.00 am
- Exam will be held in 53 cities in the country and also in Kathmandu (Nepal)
- Candidates can apply online at jnu.ac.in
- Exam will be held on 27, 28, 29 and 30 December 2017
- The exam will be held for 720 seats available in M.Phil/PhD courses, 459 in BA programmes and 1,118 seats in MA, M.Sc, M.Tech and MPH courses.
However the announcement, though has brought an end to the long wait, has been opposed by the JNU Teachers Association (JNUTA). The association objects about the short notice and has put forward their demand for more time to discuss the move. Moreover, reduced MPhil and PhD seats have been the cause of wrath between students and teachers on one hand and administration on the other. In this regard, the newly elected JNU students' union office-bearers have taken up fight against seat cuts as one of the major issues.
The administration's decision to replace (Gender Sensitive Committee Against Sexual Harassment (GSCASH) with an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) has also drawn objections from JNUSU and JNUTA. Read: JNUSU Opposes Varsity's Move To Replace GSCASH
The decision of changing the entrance exam schedule came after two years after it was put forward at a meeting of the varsity's Academic Council (AC) and approved at a Standing Committee meeting.
Read the official notification regarding JNU admission test:
Click here for more Education News
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.