According to a statement from IIM Kozhikode, this placement season not only saw an upward swing in the average monthly stipend but also had niche roles being offered to the students.
The average stipend has risen by 25% from last year, the highest stipend offered being 3 lakhs.
Students were also offered positions in international locations across various sectors. This year also saw a shift in the interest of the students with many of them opting to explore various domains.
Nearly 50% of the companies that participated in the placement process areamongst the Indian & Global Fortune 500 firms.
"Buoyed by optimistic investors, the Indian economy is in a good shape and our summer placements have registered simply unprecedented success this year, both in terms of monthly stipend offered to the students and the list of companies visiting our campus." Said Prof. Balooni, Director (In-Charge).
"The caliber of the students has improved over the years leading to increased interest in the campus among new recruiters and more offers being made by our regular recruiters. The brand of IIM-K has come shining through," said Prof Priya Nair Rajeev, Chairperson, Placements at IIM Kozhikode.
IIM Kozhikode Summer Placements: Highlights
- 100% placements in a record four days, the previous best being six and half days.
- Around 50% of the recruiters among the Fortune 500 list of companies.
- Highest stipend of INR 3,00,000 secured by 9 students.
- Average stipend of the batch increased to rs 1,40,000.
- 25% increase in average stipend of the batch.
- 91 recruiters participated in the placements process.
- Top 100 students secured an average stipend of rs 2,24,100.
- Operations and Consulting profiles offered above 50% increase in average stipend.
- 35 new recruiters participated in the placements process.
- Multiple new roles offered across verticals which included Corporate Treasury by GS, GM roles by UGH.
- Around 35% of the students were offered roles from the Sales & Marketing vertical.
Maintaining its legacy, the statement also claimed that IIM Kozhikode repeated history by having its highest intake in the sales and marketing domain with over 30 percent of the batch being placed in companies like Asian Paints, Colgate-Palmolive, HUL, ITC, L'Oreal and Marico.
Diverse roles were offered by financial services companies in corporate finance, investment banking, risk advisory services, global investment research and corporate treasury to around 20percent of the batch. American Express, Axis Bank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan were some of the top recruiters for this vertical.
"IIM Kozhikode continued to garner interest from various start-ups which provided the students with leadership roles. We thank our alumni who extended their unwavering support in achieving these record placements," said the statement.
(With Inputs from PTI)
Click here for more Education News