Delhi University, for decades has been granting certain scholarships or book grants to underprivileged students in a bid to ease out the financial strain a student may be in, while bearing all the expenses related to college education. Most of these book grants are derived from the interest amount received from an endowment given to the University a long time back. These book grants fell in the range of Rs. 50 to Rs. 150.
As part of the Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao Endowment Book-Grant, Rs. 100 is awarded per month for a year and the grant is renewed if the student's performance is satisfactory.
Another book grant, Vijay Kumar Memorial Chadha Book-Grant, which is awarded to first year students of LLB, amounts to Rs. 100 per month and is awarded for two years.
- Sh. Prem Prakash Award
- The Delhi University and College Karamchari Union Book-Grant
- The Delhi State Co-operative Union Book-Grant
- Pt. Man Mohan Nath Dhar Book-Grant
- Sardar Kartar Singh Grover Memorial Book-Grant
- Ganga Sant Book-Grant
- Puran Chand Khatri Book-Grant
- Delhi University Women Association Book-Grant
- Smt. Kesra Bai Luthra Book-Grant
- D.D. Kapoor Book-Grant
- Satish Batra Memorial Book-Grant
- Dr. S.L. Hora and Smt. V. Hora Endowment Book-Grant
- Prof. J.C. Luhra and Shrimati Kesar Bai Luthra Endowment Scholarship
- Pt. Udho Ram Ram Pal Charitable Trust Book-Grant
- Sh. Balak Ram Book-Grant
The University, in 2007, revised the condition of these grants and now instead of a monthly grant, these are awarded as a one-time annual grant. The value of the grant was also revised in a meeting in 2004 and at present is set at the accrued annual income on such endowment funds.
The terms and conditions for these book grants are available on the University of Delhi official website along with the application details.
Click here for more Education News
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.