Love Kumar died of electrocution when he came in contact with a high-tension wire (Representational)
A 26-year-old national-level bodybuilder was electrocuted after he accidentally touched a high-tension wire at his home in north-west Delhi's Kirari, the police said today.
Love Kumar was on the terrace when he got electrocuted. He was rushed to the hospital where he died during treatment, the police said.
Mr Kumar used to look after his father's jewellery business and was about to get married in the next couple of months.
Earlier this week, a national-level wrestler Vishal Kumar
died after being electrocuted at the Jaipal Singh Stadium in Ranchi.
The 22-year-old was pumping out water that had collected near the state wrestling body office -- located inside the stadium -- when he was electrocuted, reports said.
The indoor stadium, built in 1978, has been flooded with rainwater since the beginning of monsoon and its condition has worsened due to heavy rains brought by the monsoon, reports said.
"The boy went to the office when it was flooded. No one knows how he got electrocuted. Other boys saw him lying in the water, they took him to the hospital and he died on the way," said Bhola Nath Singh, President Jharkhand Wrestling Association.
Vishal's sister is now demanding a government job since Vishal was the only earning member in his family of six. In interim, the wrestling association in Jharkhand has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh
Vishal started his wrestling career in 2005 and stood fourth in the last senior National Wrestling Championship.