Girl Drinks "Acid-Like Substance" From Classmate's Bottle, Dies: Cops

A forensic team found that the portion of the floor in school where the girl threw up after drinking from the water bottle was completely discoloured.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Girl Drinks 'Acid-Like Substance' From Classmate's Bottle, Dies: Cops

Police said the water bottle may have contained an "acid-like substance". (FILE PHOTO)


New Delhi: 

An 11-year-old girl studying in Class 5 in a private Delhi school died after she drank from a classmate's water bottle, police said. They added that the water bottle may have contained an "acid-like substance".

Police said she vomited in the classroom after drinking from the water bottle. She was rushed to a hospital but died while she was being treated, a senior police officer said.

The incident happened at a school in northeast Delhi's Harsh Vihar.

Sources said that the girl may have consumed a corrosive substance. A forensic team found that the portion of the floor where the girl threw up was completely discoloured.

This led the police to suspect that she may have consumed acid, sources said.

The water bottle in question has been seized and will be sent for forensic examination to find the cause of the girl's death, police said.

A case has been registered and an investigation is underway, senior police officer Atul Kumar Thakur said.



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................