Fire at Ahmedabad mall

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Fire at Ahmedabad mall
Ahmedabad:  A major mishap was avoided after fire broke out in restaurant of a prominent mall located on the Drive-in road of the city on Tuesday, fire officials said, adding that there were no casualties.

Fire broke out in a restaurant 'The Village' on the third floor of the Himalaya Mall here causing panic among the people, they said.

According to officials, seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot which brought the fire under control within an hour.

Following the fire, the entire mall was evacuated to avoid any casualties, they said.

"The fire seems to have originated in the kitchen of the restaurant. It could be due to gas leakage or short-circuit. The matter is being investigated," chief fire officer Rajesh Bhatt said.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................