Electrocuted By Table Fan, Mother And Daughter Die

A table fan fell on the woman and her two-year-old daughter who were fast asleep. Both died as they came into contact with electricity, police said.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Electrocuted By Table Fan, Mother And Daughter Die

The woman's mother-in-law Sushila Devi tried to save the duo but failed. (Representational)


Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 

A woman and her daughter died after being electrocuted by a table fan today, the police said.

Thirty-year-old Amlavati Devi and her two-year-old daughter Antu were sleeping in their home in Sonadih Bhagwanpur village, when the fan fell on them, they said.

"The incident took place on Sunday... The table fan fell on Amlavati Devi and Antu who were fast asleep. Both died as they came into contact with electricity," superintendent of police (Ballia) Shriparna Gongulee said.

The police said Amlavati's mother-in-law Sushila Devi tried to save the duo but failed. She sustained burn injuries and was admitted to a local government hospital.

The bodies of the two have been sent for post-mortem examination, police said.



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................