3 Of A Chennai Family Die After Gas Leak From Air Conditioner

Initial investigation revealed that the couple had turned on the inverter on Monday night as there was a power cut in the area

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
3 Of A Chennai Family Die After Gas Leak From Air Conditioner

The family died in its sleep (Representational)


Chennai: 

Three members of a family died in Chennai on Monday after they inhaled a gas that came out of a malfunctioning air conditioner, the police said on Tuesday. Their neighbours called the police after the family that included a 35-year-old man, his wife and son didn't come out for a long time. The police broke open the door and found the bodies.

The family lived in Thiruvalluvar Nagar at Koyambedu in the city. Initial investigation revealed that the couple had turned on the inverter on Monday night as there was a power cut in the area, the police said.

The power supply was restored around midnight, but the couple and the child died, the police said.

In May, a 10-year-old Delhi boy and his nine-year-old sister were charred to death, after an air conditioner's compressor exploded at their home in northwest Delhi's Adarsh Nagar area.

The children were at home with their grandmother but their parents were away when the incident occurred.

Their grandmother managed to escape but the children were caught in the fire.

(With inputs from PTI)

 



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................