Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal during an exclusive interview with NDTV's Barkha Dutt
Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal Speaks to NDTV's Barkha Dutt ahead of Delhi's Assembly election scheduled for February 7. Here are the highlights of his discussion:
- People of Delhi are confident that they have to vote AAP this time.
- We will get between 45-50 seats this time.
- Last time we faced disadvantage of a new party. We had to tell people we are also in the field. People doubted us.
- This time people know only two parties in race - BJP, AAP.
- Last time anti-incumbency against congress. This time pro- incumbency in favour of AAP.
- Being in power for seven months the BJP has done nothing; In 49 days we had done much more.
- Comparing Haryana and Maharashtra to Delhi is like comparing apples and oranges.
- In those states the people had no option but to choose between BJP and Congress. In Delhi the Aam Aadmi Party has a presence.
- People of Delhi have accepted our apology.
- I have responded to "maidan chhod diya" allegation.
- People know that Narendra Modi won't become chief minister. People want strong chief minister.
- Who is main challenger? Jagdish Mukhi. Four senior BJP leaders called us and begged "make me your main rival".
- 'Will submit proof against Delhi BJP chief today': AAP chief Kejriwal to NDTV on his allegations of corruption against Satish Upadhyay.
- Do I look like a Naxal? It is not right to say such things. I urge them to focus on issues.
- Shazia Ilmi is the only central AAP leader who left the party. Don't want to get into why she quit. I respect her.
- I'm really fond of Shazia, I really like her. She should be happy wherever she is going. If she is going to the BJP, let her be happy.
- Many members left us for the reason of tickets or post. Those who come for a post or a ticket should leave today. Such people should not join the Aam Aadmi Party.
- Sheila Dikshit has conceded that her party (Congress) is losing.
- I appeal to the people of Delhi not to waste their votes on Congress. The contest is between the BJP and Aam Aadmi Party.