Exploding Whipped Cream Dispenser Kills Fitness Blogger

Rebecca Burger, who had a large following on the social media site, where she posted regular pictures of herself promoting fitness products, was killed in eastern France in what the family said was a domestic incident.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Exploding Whipped Cream Dispenser Kills Fitness Blogger

Rebecca Burger was killed in eastern France in what the family said was a domestic incident.


Strasbourg, France: 

Highlights

  1. Rebecca Burger was killed in France, family says was domestic incident
  2. Cannister used for dispensing whipped cream exploded hitting her chest
  3. Her death comes after two similar accidents in France in 2014
An Instagram star and well-known fitness blogger has died in a freak accident after a pressurised cannister used for dispensing whipped cream exploded, hitting her in the chest, her family has said.

Rebecca Burger, who had a large following on the social media site, where she posted regular pictures of herself promoting fitness products, was killed in eastern France in what the family said was a domestic incident.

"It is with great sadness we announce the death of Rebecca who died the June 18th, 2017 in an accident in the home," read a statement on Burger's Instagram account, signed "The grieving family".

Another post included a photograph of a dispenser, which has a small pressurised cannister, alongside a warning not to use similar devices.
 
dispenser exploded

Whipped cream dispenser that exploded killing the fitness blogger.

"Here is an example of a whipped cream canister that exploded and struck Rebecca's chest, resulting in her death," the post read.

"Do not use this kind of utensil in your home! Tens of thousands of defective devices are still in circulation."

A police source confirmed the death to AFP. Officers have opened an investigation.

Her death comes after two similar accidents in France in 2014. Neither resulted in death.
 
rebecca burger

Rebecca Burger is a well-known fitness blogger and has a huge following on Instagram.

France's National Consumer Institute (INC) had already issued a warning over the same type of cannister, used by the Ard'Time brand, saying the plastic lid may not be able to withstand pressure from carbon dioxide inside.


Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................