Fishermen Shot Dead By Italians
- All
- News
-
"Let Italy Pay Compensation": Supreme Court's Condition To Close Marines Case
- Friday August 7, 2020
- India News | Reported by A Vaidyanathan, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh
The case against two Italian marines who shot dead two Indian fishermen off the Kerala cost in 2012 will be closed only when Italy compensates the families of the victims, the Supreme Court said today. "Let Italy pay them compensation. Only then will we allow the withdrawal of prosecution," Chief Justice SA Bobde said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kerala High Court dismisses Italy's plea, says Indian courts can try marines
- Tuesday May 29, 2012
- South | Press Trust of India
Kerala High Court has dismissed a petition by the Italian Government seeking quashing of the FIRs against two of its marines, who allegedly shot dead two Indian fishermen off the state coast in February and slapped a cost of Rs 1 lakh on it.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Fishermen killings: Court allows release of boat
- Thursday May 10, 2012
- South | Press Trust of India
A local court has permitted the conditional release from the police custody of the boat on which two Indian fishermen were shot dead allegedly by Italian marines on board a cargo ship.The boat was allowed to be released on conditions including execution of bond for Rs 15 lakh by the owner and two personal guarantees of Rs 30 lakh.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy has no rights to approach Supreme Court on Kerala fishermen killing, says Centre
- Monday May 7, 2012
- South | Reported by A Vaidyanathan
Supporting the Kerala government over their decision to arrest the two Italian marines who shot dead two Indian fishermen in Indian waters in February, the Centre today told the Supreme Court that the Italian government had no right to approach the top court stating its fundamental rights are violated.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kerala fishermen's relatives feel cheated
- Friday April 20, 2012
- South | Indo-Asian News Service
Relatives of the two Indian fishermen shot dead by Italian marines in February and Kerala's fishing community on Friday assailed the central government for letting them down, after a government lawyer told the Supreme Court that the state government had no jurisdiction in the matter.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Fishermen deaths: Italian Govt offers Rs 1 crore compensation to victims' families
- Friday April 20, 2012
- South | NDTV Correspondent
The Italian government has offered a compensation of Rs 1 crore to the families of the two Indian fishermen allegedly shot dead by two Italian marines on February 15. Sources say the Italian government representatives and victims' families are drafting an agreement to be presented before the Kerala High Court today.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italian marines' arrest was correct, says SM Krishna
- Monday April 9, 2012
- South | NDTV Correspondent
Foreign Minister SM Krishna met Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Kochi today and discussed the controversy over the arrest of two Italian marines. After the meeting, Mr Krishna indicated that the Centre backs Kerala's stand on the matter.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italian ship not to leave Indian waters: Kerala High Court
- Friday March 30, 2012
- Kerala News | Reported by Sovi Vidyadharan
A day after a single judge bench of the Kerala High Court allowed Italian ship MV Enrica Lexie to leave Indian waters, a division bench of the court has stayed the order. The ship has been under the custody of Indian authorities for the last month-and-a-half after two Italian navy guards on board the vessel shot dead two Indian fishermen off the Ke...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kerala High Court orders release of Italian ship
- Thursday March 29, 2012
- India News | Press Trust of India
The Kerala High Court on Thursday ordered the release of Italian ship Enrica Lexie, which was detained off Kochi port for over a month in connection with the gunning down of two Indian fishermen, allegedly by marines on-board the vessel.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kerala High Court asks Italian marines to file a fresh affidavit
- Wednesday March 28, 2012
- Kerala News | Press Trust of India
The High Court asked the Italian counsel to file a proper affidavit in the case filed by them, seeking to quash the FIR against two marines of "Enrica Lexie" for allegedly shooting dead two Indian fishermen off the Kollam coast last month.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Let Italy Pay Compensation": Supreme Court's Condition To Close Marines Case
- Friday August 7, 2020
- India News | Reported by A Vaidyanathan, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh
The case against two Italian marines who shot dead two Indian fishermen off the Kerala cost in 2012 will be closed only when Italy compensates the families of the victims, the Supreme Court said today. "Let Italy pay them compensation. Only then will we allow the withdrawal of prosecution," Chief Justice SA Bobde said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kerala High Court dismisses Italy's plea, says Indian courts can try marines
- Tuesday May 29, 2012
- South | Press Trust of India
Kerala High Court has dismissed a petition by the Italian Government seeking quashing of the FIRs against two of its marines, who allegedly shot dead two Indian fishermen off the state coast in February and slapped a cost of Rs 1 lakh on it.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Fishermen killings: Court allows release of boat
- Thursday May 10, 2012
- South | Press Trust of India
A local court has permitted the conditional release from the police custody of the boat on which two Indian fishermen were shot dead allegedly by Italian marines on board a cargo ship.The boat was allowed to be released on conditions including execution of bond for Rs 15 lakh by the owner and two personal guarantees of Rs 30 lakh.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy has no rights to approach Supreme Court on Kerala fishermen killing, says Centre
- Monday May 7, 2012
- South | Reported by A Vaidyanathan
Supporting the Kerala government over their decision to arrest the two Italian marines who shot dead two Indian fishermen in Indian waters in February, the Centre today told the Supreme Court that the Italian government had no right to approach the top court stating its fundamental rights are violated.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kerala fishermen's relatives feel cheated
- Friday April 20, 2012
- South | Indo-Asian News Service
Relatives of the two Indian fishermen shot dead by Italian marines in February and Kerala's fishing community on Friday assailed the central government for letting them down, after a government lawyer told the Supreme Court that the state government had no jurisdiction in the matter.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Fishermen deaths: Italian Govt offers Rs 1 crore compensation to victims' families
- Friday April 20, 2012
- South | NDTV Correspondent
The Italian government has offered a compensation of Rs 1 crore to the families of the two Indian fishermen allegedly shot dead by two Italian marines on February 15. Sources say the Italian government representatives and victims' families are drafting an agreement to be presented before the Kerala High Court today.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italian marines' arrest was correct, says SM Krishna
- Monday April 9, 2012
- South | NDTV Correspondent
Foreign Minister SM Krishna met Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Kochi today and discussed the controversy over the arrest of two Italian marines. After the meeting, Mr Krishna indicated that the Centre backs Kerala's stand on the matter.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italian ship not to leave Indian waters: Kerala High Court
- Friday March 30, 2012
- Kerala News | Reported by Sovi Vidyadharan
A day after a single judge bench of the Kerala High Court allowed Italian ship MV Enrica Lexie to leave Indian waters, a division bench of the court has stayed the order. The ship has been under the custody of Indian authorities for the last month-and-a-half after two Italian navy guards on board the vessel shot dead two Indian fishermen off the Ke...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kerala High Court orders release of Italian ship
- Thursday March 29, 2012
- India News | Press Trust of India
The Kerala High Court on Thursday ordered the release of Italian ship Enrica Lexie, which was detained off Kochi port for over a month in connection with the gunning down of two Indian fishermen, allegedly by marines on-board the vessel.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kerala High Court asks Italian marines to file a fresh affidavit
- Wednesday March 28, 2012
- Kerala News | Press Trust of India
The High Court asked the Italian counsel to file a proper affidavit in the case filed by them, seeking to quash the FIR against two marines of "Enrica Lexie" for allegedly shooting dead two Indian fishermen off the Kollam coast last month.
-
www.ndtv.com