Video: Fire At Noida Apartment After AC Explosion, None Hurt

As per preliminary information, the fire could be due to an AC blast at the flat.

People in the nearby flats rushed to the ground as heavy smoke billowed from the affected flat.


A fire broke out inside a Noida flat this morning due to an explosion in a Air Conditioner. There were no immediate reports of any casualties in the incident that took place at Lotus Boulevard society in Sector 100.

The fire which comes amid a scorching heatwave in North India, led to panic among the residents. People in the nearby flats rushed to the ground as heavy smoke billowed from the affected flat.

Chief Fire Officer Pradeep Kumar Choubey said locals and society residents alerted the fire service unit about the incident in the flat on the 10th floor of the building at 10.10 am.

"We immediately rushed five vehicles (water tenders) to the spot. But before our vehicles could reach there, the firefighting systems installed in the society managed to put out the fire within 10 minutes," he said.

"The fire was triggered by a blast in the AC (air conditioner). Since the firefighting systems like sprinklers, extinguishers, hoses, were working fine, the fire did not spread out much and was contained in one room (of the flat)," Mr Choubey said, adding that there was no loss of life or injury to any person in the episode.

An "AC blast" generally refers to an explosion or fire involving an air conditioning (AC) unit. Such incidents can occur due to various factors, often related to electrical or mechanical failures, according to officials. 

Meanwhile, The Delhi Fire Services (DFS) received over 200 calls, including 183 fire-related, on Wednesday, the highest so far this year, officials said.

Additionally, Delhi's peak power demand reached 8302 MW at 3:36 pm on Wednesday.

It is the highest-ever recorded power demand in the history of the national capital. This new peak surpassed the previous record of 8000 MW set just days earlier on May 22.